DAY #12 HOMEMADE CHEX MIX
Well friends, today is the last day of Christmas goodies. I must admit I am in sugar overload right now. All these sweets are delicious but I was ready for something salty. So, last but certainly not least, is homemade Chex mix! I think every holiday gathering I go to there is a big bowl of Chex mix setting on the table. It must help counteract all the sweets
we I stuff ourselves myself with. I love eating others Chex mix because everyone has their own add-ins and twists. This is the original Chex mix recipe with a little extra seasoning and no nuts. Please feel free to add a cup of mixed nuts for me! My kiddos love to eat cashews and almonds but for some reason “its gross” in Chex mix. Huh? Please someone tell me the difference between eating it out of the jar or with Chex cereal! Okay, back to Christmas goodies. Chex mix is one of my favorite snacks. I like to dig for the over toasted Chex squares. Yum! I hope y’all enjoyed the 12 days of Christmas goodies! Now go spread some cheer with all your yummy treats!
Homemade Chex Mix
3 cups rice Chex cereal
3 cups corn Chex cereal
3 cups wheat Chex cereal
2 cups pretzel sticks
1 1/2 cups Gardettos roasted garlic rye chips*
1 cup butter
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3 teaspoons garlic powder
3 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Measure out cereal, pretzels and garlic chips into large bowl.
- Melt butter.
- Mix in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and hot sauce into melted butter.
- Pour over Chex mix.
- Stir Chex mix until well combined.
- Spread Chex mix onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Store in and airtight container.