I’m sure like my family, your life gets chaotic at times. At our house we are constantly on the move throughout the week. So, why is it that Sundays, which is our church day, seems to be the most hectic day of the week? How hard is it to get out of bed, get dress, and be at church on time? Well, for me it is difficult! No matter how organized I try to be I am late (at least according to my husband who is early to everything). This is why my slow cooker is my right-hand-man in the kitchen. Sundays are the day I need this little electrical appliance to pull through and do its job. So, when my hungry family walks in the door they can smell the wonderful aroma of a home cooked meal and know that lunch will on the table quickly.
This pork roast is delicious and easy to make. You can dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker or you can brown the pork first. My family is picky about flavor and I brown most all of the food that I make before I put it in the slow cooker. I like to make this in the fall because of all the delicious autumn produce but you can make it anytime of the year. Throw a salad together and you have an easy meal!
4-5 lb. pork roast
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. apple butter
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil on medium high heat.
- Sprinkle pork roast with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Place pork in skillet and brown on all slices for about 10 minutes total.
- Cut sweet potatoes and carrots. Slice up apples.
- Put sweet potatoes in bottom of slow cooker then carrots. Sprinkle veggies with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Place browned pork roast in slow cooker then put sliced apples in.
- Turn slow cooker on low.
- Mix up balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, apple butter, honey and brown sugar and pour over pork, veggies and apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.