DAY #9 HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Peanut butter cups are a favorite at out house but I only make them around the holidays. I could eat a dozen of these in 30 seconds flat! Its the creamy peanut butter, surrounded by smooth luscious chocolate, that calls my name every time. These homemade peanut butter cups are a cinch to put together. Over the years I have switched to buying these mini baking cups. The white mini baking cups always end up sticking to the chocolate and peeling the peanut butter cup apart. I do not want to lose any chocolate and I like them to look pretty. If you give these as gifts or take to a party don’t be surprised if they ask you to make more!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Yield: 36 peanut butter cups
1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons softened butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups 60% bittersweet chocolate chips (like Ghirardelli)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini baking liners.
- With an electric mixer blend together 1/2 cup of peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter and salt until smooth.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt together bittersweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and other 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter. Be sure to stir constantly!
- Drop teaspoons of chocolate mixture into mini baking liners.
- Drop teaspoons of peanut butter mixture into each cup.
- Top each cup with chocolate until peanut butter is covered.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Store in and airtight container.