DAY #8 BLACK FOREST MINI BROWNIES
Today I had great plans of getting some baking done and well, it didn’t happen till after lunch. At least I’m getting Day #8 up before the day is over! My husband asked me last night if I could make something with the jar of cherries I had bought and I said “no problem”. I wasn’t sure what to make and then I thought about how much I like black forest cake and thought I could do it as miniature brownies. I know, not much creativity on my part but it was easy and it turned out yummy. I mixed up homemade brownie mix and all I did was switch out the vanilla extract for almond extract. The brownies came out moist from the soured cherries and then I drizzled white chocolate on top. These were so simple and turned out delicious! I think I’m going to try it out as a bar next time with a ganache frosting.
Black Forest Mini Brownies
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup melted butter
1 jar soured cherries*
2 tablespoon of flour
1 cup of Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
*This is the jar of soured cherries I bought from Aldi.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put mini muffin liners into muffin pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add eggs, almond extract and melted butter and stir till blended.
- Set brownie mix aside.
- Open and drain jar of soured cherries.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour evenly over cherries.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of brownie mix into mini muffin pan.
- Press 1 cherry into the middle of each brownie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 8-10 minutes.
- While brownies are cooling melt white chocolate wafers according to package directions.
- Using a fork drizzle white chocolate over brownies.
- Store in an airtight container.