DAY #7 PEPPERMINT BARK
This festive candy is a delight and will brighten up any holiday tray. Peppermint bark is incredibly simple with only 4 ingredients. This candy has a layer of semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, a dash of peppermint extract and crushed candy canes. The combination is delicious! If you like chocolate and peppermint you will love this bark.
3 cups of Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
3 cups of Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
5-6 crushed candy canes
*Its important to use good quality chocolate in this recipe since there are only 4 ingredients*
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put candy canes in a storage bag and crush.
- Melt dark chocolate wafers according to directions on package.
- When melted add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract to chocolate.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto parchment paper.
- Put cookie sheet in freezer for about 20 minutes to harden chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate wafers according to directions on package.
- When melted add another 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract to white chocolate.
- Spread white chocolate evenly on top of the dark chocolate.
- Quickly sprinkle crushed candy canes over the white chocolate.
- Put cookie sheet in freezer for another 20 minutes to harden.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
*This bark freezes well*