DAY #6 PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
Peanut butter blossoms are a throwback cookie that most everyone remembers from childhood. These cookies bring back so many Christmas memories. I remember “helping” my mom make these cookies and instead popping kisses into my mouth while the cookies were baking. I loved hanging out with my mom and listening to Christmas music while we mixed up batches for family and friends. Peanut butter blossoms are a fun family recipe that everyone can enjoy making. My kids love to make and eat these pillows of peanut butter goodness and drops of chocolate. If you don’t have time to make a lot of goodies this season, I hope you will make this classic Christmas cookie.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
1 bag milk or dark chocolate kisses
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter until blended.
- Add both granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture and blend on low.
- Shape into 1/2 tablespoon balls.
- Roll dough balls into sugar.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Unwrap kisses from foil.
- Pull cookies out of oven and immediately place kisses on top of each cookies, pressing down till cookie cracks.
- Place cookies on wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.