DAY #5 SPICY GINGERSNAPS
Gingersnaps are a must have on Christmas. The punch of ginger and sugar is addicting! Then the snap you get after biting into this buttery cookie is marvelous. This is another “mom recipe” and it is full of ginger, a hint of all spice, and black strap molasses. If you are wanting a ginger cookie that snaps look no further. I am all about chewy, under baked cookies but gingersnaps are supposed to snap and then melt in your mouth. You will want to make these more than once a year!
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup black strap molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, all spice and salt into medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy in a medium bowl.
- Beat in egg and molasses into sugar mixture.
- Stir in sifted flour mixture, one third at a time till well blended.
- Roll dough into a ball a tablespoon at a time.
- Then roll in a bowl of sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Butter a flat bottom glass and press till cookies are flat.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until tops are cracked.
*These cookies freeze beautifully.*