DAY #4 MINI PUMPKIN BREAD
This pumpkin bread is a spinoff from Starbucks pumpkin pound cake. I love Starbucks pumpkin cake and pumpkin spice latte. When they start advertising pumpkin, I know, the holiday season is here. I mean, who doesn’t love the smell and taste of pumpkin? This pumpkin bread gets you in the mood for the holidays. I eat it dusted with powdered sugar or slathered in honey butter! I like to make it miniature size, since our family gives out an assortment of goodies. This bread is sure to please anyone you give it to!
Mini Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
1 cup Pumpkin Puree (or canned pumpkin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter mini loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice.
- In a large mixing bowl, at medium speed, mix together sugars, milk, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Put pumpkin puree in to sugar mixture and blend well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, mixing on low, till combined.
- Pour batter into the buttered mini loaf pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool bread for about 10 minutes before removing.
- Store in and air tight container.
*If using a 9×5 loaf pan, butter your pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing*
*This bread freezes well.*