Delicious & Simple Hot Apple Cider
Growing up, my grandma always had a huge pot of delicious & simple hot apple cider simmering on the stove for us to drink. When we opened the door the smell of apples, cinnamon and cloves would hit you like a giant Christmas candle burning on the mantle. The whole family would be crowded around the stove top serving up mugs of hot apple cider. There was always plenty of leftovers for everyone to take home and enjoy. Every year I looked forward to her delicious & simple hot apple cider. After dinner, all of us were stuffed from her giant spread of southern cooking. Then we all would crowd around in the living room and make room for more hot apple cider, while watching football. Now that I’m older I love making delicious & simple hot apple cider for my family. I made a batch this weekend and it went quick. My kids were so excited to have Grana’s hot apple cider.
This delicious & simple hot apple cider is so easy to make but bold in taste. I love making recipes that are easy to throw together when you have family and friends coming over. I like to have this hot apple cider simmering on the stove top so everyone can dig in and help themselves. This delicious & simple hot apple cider will be a hit for your next get together. Its sure to please all of your guests!
Delicious & SimpleHot Apple Cider
- 1 gallon of organic apple cider
- 32 ounces 100% cranberry juice
- 1 whole orange, sliced
- 1 whole lemon, sliced
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pour organic apple cider and cranberry juice into large stock pot.
- Put sliced oranges and lemons into pot with cider mixture.
- sprinkle brown sugar and all spice into cider mixture.
- Put whole cloves and cinnamon sticks into cider mixture.
- Simmer on low for 30-45 minutes.
- Pull out cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Serve up the hot apple cider.
- Leftovers can be stored in refrigerator and reheated when ready to drink.