We love to start the weekend with a yummy family breakfast. Homemade waffles are a favorite around here. After having a week that I thought would never end it was nice to have 70 degree weather, chowing down on waffles topped with strawberries and just relaxing with my family. These waffles are light, fluffy and so delicious! These are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. These little squares of goodness are easy to mix together and even better topped with your favorite toppings. Happy Friday everyone! Now go start your weekend with a nice family breakfast and a hot cup of coffee!
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 large egg whites
4 large egg yolks
1 stick of melted butter
3 cups whole milk
- Heat waffle iron.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl and make a well.
- In a medium bowl beat separated egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff.
- Add egg yolks, milk and cooled melted butter into flour mixture.
- Mix together.
- Fold egg whites into flour/milk mixture.
- When waffle iron is heated add a dab of butter to iron.
- Pour a ladle of batter into each square or in the center of a round waffle iron maker.
- Make sure and see how long to cook the waffles by following the instructions on your waffle maker. Every waffle maker is different. I use a 4 square one and a round one and each one cooks differently. Mine takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Keep waffles warm in a 250 degree oven on a cookie sheet.
- Serve with butter, strawberries and maple syrup.