Halloween Jack o’ Lantern in a Jar
This Halloween Jack o’ Lantern in a jar craft is a simple and cute project to make with your kids. When it comes to crafting with my children I thrive on simplicity and nothing that will make a huge mess. These Jack o’ Lanterns in jar crafts are fun to make and you won’t have to worry about your dining room looking like a tornado went through when your done!
Jack o’ Lantern in a Jar Craft
What you’ll need:
- Mason Jar
- Orange Construction Paper
- Black Construction Paper
- Green Construction Paper
- Brown Pipe Cleaners
- Remove the lid from the mason jar.
- Roll orange construction paper into a small tube and insert into jar. The roll will expand to cover the inside of the jar.
- Screw on lid.
- Cut out eyes, nose, and mouth shape from black construction paper.*
- Glue onto the front of the jar.**
- Cut out leaf shape from green construction paper and glue on top of jar.
- Roll a brown pipe cleaner into the shape of a stem and glue on top of jar.
- Cut out smaller leaves from green construction paper and glue around pipe cleaner.
* You could also use a black craft marker or permanent marker and draw the face on the jar instead.
That’s it! You’re done!
It only takes about 15 minutes to complete this project. I just love these for little decorations on a shelf or in the kitchen. Let us know what you think! Show us what crafts you come up with, we’d love to see them!